Do you have a student in your life enrolled in post-secondary who could benefit from a scholarship? Consider applying for the Greater Victoria Scholarship fund!
Who is eligible to apply?
1. Student is under 25 years of age (as of December 31 on year of application).
2. Student’s parent/guardian is currently an active member of a CUPE Local from Greater Victoria that participates in the scholarship fund. Participating locals are:
3. Student is registered for full time studies. You are responsible to verify that information through the office of registration at the institution you will be attending. Each institution has its own guidelines for full time status due to the variety of program options.
4. The deadline for submission is 11:59pm Thursday, October 14th. All applications must be received by email by this date.
5. If you have previously been awarded a scholarship from this committee, you are not eligible to apply again.
Required for this application:
1. Introduction letter (please see linked documents below for full instructions)
2. Copy of latest transcripts from most recent academic studies (can be from university, college, or highschool).
3. Proof of registration and/or proof of payment of fees.
4. Reference letter with contact information from a non-family member. Only one letter will be accepted.
The GV CUPE Scholarships will be awarded based on a combination of GPA; the information in the personal letter; and the letter of reference. The GV CUPE Scholarship Committee reserves the right to verify application information. This includes, but is not limited to, communicating with any person providing a support document to this application. All applications will be dealt with in the strictest confidence and will be securely destroyed after the awards are distributed. By signing the application, the student agrees with the terms of this scholarship.
GV CUPE Scholarship Application 2021 GV CUPE Scholarship Information 2021
GV CUPE Scholarship Application 2021