Please join us for a 2.5 day Retirement Planning Workshop for CUPE 2081 members and their spouses
It’s never too early to start planning for your retirement. Learn about government and workplace pensions and leave with some good tools to help you prepare financially and psychologically. Presented by CUPE BC.
NOTE: This workshop does not provide specific or personal financial advice.
Thursday, April 11 (full day, 9am – 4pm)
Friday, April 12 (full day, 9am – 4pm)
Saturday, April 13 (half day, 9am – 1pm)
Participants MUST attend all days.
Camosun College, Interurban Campus
Thursday, April 11: CBA 124
Friday, April 12 & Saturday, April 13: CBA 211
How to register:
1) Seek approval from your supervisor.
2) CUPE 2081 Members: You will need to register with the CUPE National site at https://cupe.ca/mrm-union-education/event/2480 Email Shelley Butler at email@example.com to advise of your registration, and your department and supervisor’s name. We will need to know this information to request Union Leave for the Friday.
3) Members with spouses who will attend: Send spouse’s first and last name to Shelley Butler by phone (250-370-4690) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Note: there is a maximum of 35 participants. Sign up early to ensure your seat.
Leave for this 2.5 day workshop:
Thursday will be Employer-paid leave.
Friday will be Union Leave (once your leave from work is approved and you have registered, CUPE 2081 will send the appropriate paperwork to your supervisor).
Saturday will be your own time, provided you do not work on Saturdays. If you do work on Saturdays, vacation leave, banked overtime leave, or unpaid leave may be taken.
What to bring:
1) A calculator.
2) Your Member Benefits Statement. (The MPP and CPP presenters will go over them during their presentations. If you don’t have your Members Benefits Statement, please call the MPP at 1-800-668-6335 to set up an account. If you already have an account and need to reprint your statement, go to the MPP site at https://mpp.pensionsbc.ca/. Select “My Account” and follow the directions.)
3) Refreshments and lunch will be provided on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday morning. We are unable to accommodate dietary restrictions. If you have any dietary restrictions, please bring your own food and/or drink.