You are invited to participate in the Common Vision, Common Action conference!
- October 13-15, 2017
- University of Victoria, Lekwungen / W̱SÁNEĆ Territory
Looking toward the municipal elections slated for the fall of 2018, we will be gathering with social and environmental organizations, activists, elected officials and community members to develop a regional policy platform for the Capital Region.
The conference will take place from October 13-15, 2017, at the University of Victoria, with highlights including:
- Friday evening — Keynote Address by W̱SÁNEĆ activist Paul Cheoketen Wagner;
- Saturday daytime — Plenary discussions on Housing, Transportation, Governance, Food Systems and Education, with speakers including Marika Albert from the Community Social Planning Council, Todd Litman from Cities for Everyone, and Charley Beresford from the Columbia Institute;
- Saturday evening — Social event featuring spoken word, live music and fun times;
- Sunday morning — Policy Sessions on Inclusive Communities, Climate Action, People-Oriented Economics and Arts & Culture.
We encourage you to register for the conference and take part in this important discussion. The registration fee is $30 per person, with no one turned away. We suggest you register as soon as possible, since space is limited.
Also, please help us spread the word through your organizations and networks, and let us know if your group would like to be included in the list of sponsoring organizations.
Thank you for your interest in the ecological and social future of our region. We look forward to hearing from you!
The Common Vision, Common Action Planning Committee
Find us on Facebook
250-634-4731 (c/o Elise Cote)
- Better Transit Alliance
- Canadian Peace Initiative – Victoria Chapter Cities for Everyone
- City of Victoria Youth Council
- Columbia Institute
- Community Action Bus
- Council of Canadians – Victoria Chapter
- Creatively United For The Planet
- CUPE Local 4163 – UVic Educational Employees Fair Vote Canada – BC Steering Committee
- Farmland Protection Coalition
- Generation Squeeze
- If Not Now – Victoria
- Indigenous Solidarity Working Group
- One Planet Region
- Peers Victoria Resources Society
- Retail Action Network
- SocialCoast Social Environmental Alliance
- Surfrider Vancouver Island
- This Is Leadership
- University of Victoria Social Justice Studies Program
- Vancouver Island Peace and Disarmament Network
- Victoria Immigrant and Refugee Centre Society
- Victoria International Jewish Film Festival
- Victoria Transport Policy Institute
- Victoria Voice
- Youth for a Sustainable Future